Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

I decided to do this last week, but held off because it was Wednesday when I saw the post. Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. The main idea is that for each week, there is a topic given and then you write a top ten list of books in that category.

This week's post is about friendship.

  1. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira - This book focused on so many types of relationships, and two of my favorite side characters in the story were Hannah and Natalie. I liked the way they supported each other and Laurel, and I loved the way Laurel was there for them as well. It was nice to see a friendship that was flawed, but still worked. Honestly, I liked all of Laurel's friendships in this novel.

  2. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - I'm sure this made it to a lot of lists this week, but I can't help but include it here. I haven't finished the series yet, but the friendships have amazed me the whole way through so far. I like the huge part of the plot it takes up and how loyal Ron, Harry, and Hermione are to each other.

  3. The Whole Stupid Way We Are by N. Griffin - I loved the characters in this book. They were so flawed and of course, so was their friendship - but I liked that they were there for each other. Dinah always tried to do what was best for Skint, even if she was wrong about what the best thing was. They had each other's best interests at heart and that was really nice to see throughout the book.

  4. The Vow by Jessica Martinez - In this book, Mo and Annie have no romantic feelings for one another - and yet, Annie is willing to marry Mo, so that he won't have to leave the country. It's crazy to me how wonderful a friendship would have to be, that one person would go to that length for another. Their friendship is one of the best I've read.

  5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - This is another series I haven't finished yet, but I adore the relationship between Rose and Lissa. The way Rose looks out for her shows true dedication, and it's shown that Lissa takes care of Rose in her own way as well.

  6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - It was mainly shown through emails, but the friendship between Beth and Jennifer was still strong in this. They were truly there for each other, and I wouldn't mind reading more about the two of them at all.

  7. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot - This isn't a book I thought of right away, but when I was looking through my Goodreads I knew I needed to include it. Mia's friendships stand out so much in this series.

  8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - This isn't highly centered on their friendship, but there's one scene that really stands out to me. When Mia is in the hospital, her best friend Kim and her boyfriend Adam are kind of brought together by the tragedy. They take care of each other, even though they weren't fond of each other before. It shows, to me, how strong their friendship is that Kim would help Mia's boyfriend through the possibility of losing her. For their grief to bring them closer, they must really care about Mia and what happens to her.

  9. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - I don't remember a lot from this book, because I read it so long ago - but I do remember the amazing friendship between the girls.

  10. Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott - This book isn't about a perfect friendship, or even a decent one. I included it on the list because I feel like losing friends isn't usually a big deal in books. Reading this in middle school, I could relate to Kate. It helped me through a rough time, because losing a best friend is a difficult thing to deal with. Basically, I really liked the way this was dealt with and although the friendship wasn't amazing, I still think this is a great book that has a huge focus on friendship and loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment