Friday, April 17, 2015

Three Books That I've Had On Hold For Ages

I have a bad habit of putting down books when I'm not in the mood for them, and then forgetting about them completely. When I'm in the mood for that genre again, I pick up a similar book instead of one of my current "on-hold" books. This says nothing about the books; it's just how I tend to read.

Here are three books that I put down more than a month ago, and am not sure I'll ever get back around to. If you've read any of them, you should let me know your thoughts!


Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler is a book I began all the way back in January of 2014 - it's been a long time. I probably will get back to this one, but it might take some time as I will have to reread the half of the book I got through, in order to refresh my memory.


A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani is the one on this list that I am least likely to continue. It never hooked my interest, and felt almost like a repeat of the same book with a slightly different conflict - like the characters got over the strict stereotypes of good and evil only to move onto the conflict between boys and girls. I can already predict how it will end. (If you have anything good to say about this that might convince me to read, please share! I would like to convince myself to finish if only because I paid full price for the ebook.)


The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller is one that I put down much more recently, back in February. It's the one on this list I'm most likely to get back to reading, although I am not in a huge rush to get back to it, since I know how it ends.

2 comments:

  1. I read Bittersweet a few years ago, and I loved it. I remember it being a little slow in the beginning, but it really picks up and becomes a great book. Not a powerhouse novel or anything, but it was still quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember liking what I read of Bittersweet, but I do think it was pretty slow paced like you said. Good to know you enjoyed it!

      Delete