Tuesday, June 30, 2015

In June...

June has been a crazy month. While every other month this year has seemed to fly by, I feel like June took its time and lasted forever. Despite some of the real-life, awful things that happened to make this month so long, though, it was a great writing and blogging month for me!

The most notable thing that happened to me as a blogger is that I'm in the process of moving the blog. (That links to my announcement post that went up earlier this week.) My new blog is called BookMatcher (link to the actual blog, there!), and I am SUPER excited about it. It's just what I needed to get back into my excitement for blogging again, and I'm having so much fun.

Anyway, onto what I read this month...

I read 5 books in June.

I feel pretty good about this, considering how busy this month has been. And it's probably more than I will be reading next month, simply because I'm participating in Camp NaNoWriMo. My goal for that is 60,000 words (I know, I'm crazy for making the word goal higher instead of lowering it), so I'll be writing like crazy next month! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm SOO proud of you! You've read great books this month :)

    Oh my god, NaNoWriMo is hectic. I wish I can finish my writing goal.. I never did and I'm thinking of participating.. maybe? I don't know we'll see :) I never think I'm ready. I really want to finish the novel that I started writing last year. The writing sprints and such, it's soo muchh fun!!! ♥ I LOVED NaNoWriMo

    Good luck with everything and I hope you read your goal of 60k words! :)♥ Also with the blog moving.. excitingggg!! LET US KNOW


    - Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished NaNoWriMo for the first (and only) time in November. I wanted to do Camp Nano in April, but didn't have the time, so I'm hoping for the best in July! Today's the first day and I already have about 3K written, so if the rest of the month goes this well, I'll be good haha :)

      My advice is maybe don't wait to be "ready"? My last loooong writer's block came from trying to be ready to write, but once I just forced myself to jump in, it worked a lot better! NaNoWriMo is definitely a ton of fun, and I LOVE word sprints!

      Thank you so much, and YES I'm so excited about the new blog. I'm going to be posting Camp Nano updates over there as well if you're interested :D

      Delete