Thursday, January 8, 2015

Series I Have Not Finished Yet

If you read my 2015 resolutions post, you know that one of my goals in 2015 is to finish some series. I used to be the kind of person who waited until a series was out and had to read it all at once, but that changed in 2014, and for that reason I'm in the middle of several series.

I obviously have a ton of books to choose from, so if you really love a series, let me know! It'll get me excited to read it, and I might even read it sooner than the others. (I'm pretty easy to convince, when it comes to books.)


Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

I started this series in January, and have been reading the books in a slow, scattered sort of way since then. Right now, I have finished the first five, but I really want to say I've read this series fully! I want to understand when people talk about the later books. Also, I have really enjoyed the ones I read and just really badly want to continue!


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

This is another one that I swear everyone else has read! I really want to complete this and get started on the spin-off series. Just recently I finished book four, so hopefully I can continue onto book five soon.


Slated by Teri Terry

I've only read the first book in this trilogy, but I definitely enjoyed it. It was pretty fast-paced and played a part in getting me out of my reading slump, but I went onto other books instead of continuing the series. (I had review copies!)


The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

I just recently began the first book, and I'm still in the middle of it. (At the time I'm writing this post, anyway. By the time this is posted, I'll probably have finished!) Still, it's a series, and I am technically in the middle of it, so I'm adding it onto the list!


Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

I loved this first book, but never bought the second! I definitely need (and want, badly!) to catch up with this series very soon.


Wishes by G.J. Walker-Smith

I'm honestly just waiting until I finish up some other series so I can dive back into this one. It's been awhile, and I'm in the middle of the second book, so I'll probably have to go back and reread some - or at least skim. Still, I'm excited to finally get to this, even though it'll likely be awhile.


Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I only made it about 50 pages through this book, before putting it down due to a reading slump. Regardless, I did enjoy the story and want to get back into it, and then finish up the series!


Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

I began this series quite awhile ago on audiobook, and plan to switch over to ebook copies to finish up the series. I'm currently three books through the series!

That's EIGHT series to get through. If I were to finish even one a month, I would complete them all in 2015. Of course, there are always those new ones that I will inevitably read as well.

How many series are you currently in the middle of? Does it drive you crazy to leave so many unfinished, or are you not bothered by it? Have you read any of the series on my list?

10 comments:

  1. Oh boy... first of all it took me ten years to finish Harry Potter. I started them in sixth grade, and put the first one away for ten years before picking them up again.

    I need to finish Pretty Little Liars. I read the first one a few years ago, and now I have all of them. It's just finding the time. The other series that I want to finish are all in the middle of publication, so it'll take some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading them (kind of) consistently but still, it's taking me awhile. I don't have time to sit and read the entire series, due to review books and such, so I have to space them out a bit!

      I haven't started Pretty Little Liars - it's too many books for me! Congrats on being caught up with the rest of them, though. That's the place I hope to be in by the end of this year!

      Delete
  2. The Mara Dyer series is a really good one. I have never read any of the Harry Potter books. Not sure if I should read or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard many good things about Mara Dyer! I would recommend Harry Potter if you like fantasy, or if the plot seems interesting to you - they are very well written and I've had fun reading them. The first one is shorter than the rest, so if you're uncertain maybe you could begin with it and go from there?

      Delete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, I also have yet to finish Vampire Academy! I've read the first two. Actually, I'm completely awful at finishing series. I've always read the first one or the first two, and then get distracted by other things. Like the Grisha Series, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Mistborn... the list is endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does help! I still really want to get through it though, so I can start and finish Bloodlines - with the last book coming out, I don't want to be spoiled like I was with the Vampire Academy series! I think I'm just going to run from my laptop whenever I see someone mention it, LOL

      I've always been more the type to wait for every book to come out, but then I realized how often I was spoiled that way ... Plus, especially after I began blogging, it always made me feel behind.

      Delete
  4. *awkward laughter* I am horrible at finishing series! I read a lot of first books RIGHT WHEN THEY COME OUT, then, when the sequel finally comes out, I just don't read it. Why? Because I feel like it's been so long since I've read the first book that I don't fully remember what happened. Then I wait and wait and I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING! So, I basically don't pick up the sequel, even if I loved the first book! This happens so often! I'm actually pretty certain that the amount of series that I haven't finished are in the triple digits :(
    Yeah, I have problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always tell myself I'm going to reread if it's been awhile, but I never do! Maybe try looking up the plot of previous books to refresh your memory?

      Delete
  5. I haven't finished the Mara Dyer series either. :( I read the first one back in 2011, but I STILL haven't continued reading it. I loved the book, so I definitely want to reread it and finally get to the other ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get to it in a couple of months - I have so many other books lined up that I don't think I can fit them in before then. I only read about 50 pages of the first book, I think, but I was really enjoying it!

      Delete