Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Here is the link to the Top Ten Tuesday information from The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is a freebie, so I decided to talk about the five classics I would like to read in 2015.


1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

I wanted to read this in December, but I did not get to it, and now I've jumped right into my January TBR. However, I do want to make time for this book very soon. I believe I've said this to myself for two years now, but this will be the year it actually happens!


2. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

There are a couple of books (Belzhar and And Then Things Fall Apart) both mention and (I think) make references to this book, and I always prefer reading the original first. I actually want to dedicate a month to these three books sometime during the year - I think it would be great to read them one after another.


3. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I read this book in middle school, but I have been thinking about rereading it for quite some time. I think I will get more out of it now, especially as it won't be required reading! (I never was much to actually read required books.)


4. Emma by Jane Austen

I listened to an audiobook version of Pride and Prejudice in 2014, and I cannot say it was a favorite of mine. If I actually had to read it, I'm not sure I would have made it to the end. Regardless, I want to read more of Jane Austen's work, so I'm going to try and read Emma this year!


5. This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I really want to read something by F. Scott Fitzgerald, so I think I might begin with this one. If not, I just want to read one book by him this year!

4 comments:

  1. Great list! The first three of those are also on MY TBR list for this year. Ha. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! Hopefully we both get to them, and enjoy them as well!

      Delete
  2. Little Women is awesome, and I remember loving that as a child <3 I really want to read The Bell Jar myself. I have read To Kill A Mockingbird, but I didn't like it as much as everyone else did. Good themes, but I found it awfully slow paced. My favourite classic of all time is Mansfield Park by Jane Austen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read Little Women as a child, although I've heard several people say they did! I remember enjoying the parts I read of To Kill A Mockingbird, but it was for school and so, of course, I never read the entire thing. I haven't read Mansfield Park, but do plan to eventually.

      Delete