The Liebster Award is a tag of sorts that spreads the word about different blogs. Here are the rules:
1. Link & Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3. Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4. Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!
I was nominated twice in the past week, actually - so instead of doing two posts, I'm going to fit it all into this one! Thank you to The Paperback Reader and For the Love of the Page for nominating me! They both have great blogs that I would definitely recommend checking out.
Here are my answers to The Paperback Reader's questions:
1. What is your favorite book series? The Awaken trilogy by Katie Kacvinsky. It's about a world in which technology has taken over and most people are afraid to even leave their homes. This series has had such an impact on me and the third book comes out very soon - September 2nd - although I had the great privilege of reading it early for review.
2. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I saw so many others with book blogs, and it seemed fun. It's also a great place for me to talk about books, which I love!
3. What is your favorite part of blogging? The community. It's one thing I didn't expect to enjoy so much coming into it, but I like being able to speak with others. Comments are my favorite.
4. Who is your favorite book character and why? This is such a tough one! The first character who came to my head was Mia from If I Stay, although that might be because of the movie and the fact that I'm dying to reread the book!
5. If you could live in the shoes of one book character who would it be? Book characters usually have such terrible things happen in their lives! After looking at some of my recent reads I'm thinking maybe Allyson from Just One Day. She doesn't have too tragic a back story, she travels, and she has Willem!
6. Where is your favorite place to read? I have a couple. I love sitting outside to read when the weather's nice, but I usually end up reading on my bed, with all the pillows tucked around the corner - it's a comfy little reading spot!
7. You have been told you have to sell all your books but one, which one would you keep? This is such a tough question! I'd have to choose either Awaken or If I Stay. I know I've already mentioned them both, but they're my favorites.
8. What book universe would you like to live in? Harry Potter! (Although this feels a bit like cheating. I haven't finished the series.)
9. Who are your top three favorite book blogs? I don't tend to choose favorites. There are some great blogs, but I couldn't say for sure three that I'd consider the best.
10. What is your favorite book this year so far? Ghosting by Edith Pattou. It dealt with a difficult subject so nicely and it also changed my opinions on a few things - which is not easy. I'm pretty stubborn!
11. Do you have a preference hardcover, paperback or e-reader? E-reader. It's the only way I read, although I do love physical books as well. I just like the simplicity.
Onto For the Love of the Page's questions:
1. If you could be any character from any book, who would you be? Answered this one above! Allyson from Just One Day.
2. What would be your number one book to movie conversion? If I'm honest, I don't tend to watch movies. But I think My Life Next Door would probably make a cute movie!
3. What's your favorite book cover at the moment? I love the cover for Suspicion by Alexandra Monir. It's gorgeous!
4. What was the last book you personally recommended to someone? Where She Went by Gayle Forman. It was to a blogger who wasn't sure about reading it after If I Stay.
5. If you could take any book character's personal style, who would it be? I'm not sure if this is talking about clothing-style? That's what I'm thinking, but I'm not positive on an answer. I'm so terrible at picturing things unless I can see them, so this isn't something I consider often when reading.
6. What book are you reading right now? I'm in the middle of both The Scorch Trials and Since You've Been Gone. Hoping to read a bit of Since You've Been Gone today.
7. If you could only read paperback or hardcovers for the rest of your life which would it be? Paperback. I like them and they're cheaper as well, so I'd get to buy more books!
8. What stand alone book do you think really deserves a sequel? I really wish Eleanor and Park had a sequel. That ending killed me!
9. Who/what/where is your main source for book recommendations? I usually find books on Goodreads, but other blogs are always a great source as well.
10. What is the last book you added to your Goodreads to-read list? Left Drowning by Jessica Park.
11. Have you ever or would you ever participate in a book club? I haven't (aside from Goodreads groups and occasionally reading the book of the month), but I would love to!
Here are the bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award!
- Under Review
- The Bookwhore Diaries
- A Book Lover's Ramblings
- The Book Life
- Space Between the Spines
- What Sarah's Reading
- Sabrina's Stories
- Not A Lost Wanderer
- My Fantabulous Bookshelf
- Kookie Krysp Reads
- It's a Book's World
- What are your favorite and least favorite genres?
- Is there anything you want to see more of in books?
- Are there any books that everyone seemed to love, but you didn't?
- Do you tend to read more ebooks, or physical copies?
- What is the last book you read?
- If you could make everyone in the world read one book, which book would you choose?
- What book has had the biggest impact on you?
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- Have your genre preferences changed over time? How?
- Which book is so good that you could read it over and over again?
- Why do you blog about books?