Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Here is a link to the Top Ten Tuesday information from The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read.

6936382 

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
So many people love this book; I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read it yet! It's recommended everywhere and I need to read it soon, but every time I try something else gets in the way. There are just so many books!

7824322

2. Between Shades of Gray by Rita Sepetys
Again, I've heard so many good things. It doesn't seem super popular, however I really think I would enjoy it and there have been so many good reviews on this one.


3. Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
I've heard a lot of good things about A.S. King in general lately, but for this one I just decided to include the book of hers I plan to read first.

 

4. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
This is another one that I feel like everyone else has already read. As soon as I finish up some of my current series, this one is on my list of series to start!

 

5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Another series I haven't been able to get into yet. I'm always behind on series because I'm so picky about when I read them. (I hate waiting for new releases!)

 

6. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
I've heard great things, and I plan to get right on this - the moment I finish the Harry Potter series. I don't like reading two of an author's books/series at once because I tend to get confused.

 

7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Again, everyone recommends this. I love retellings, too. I'm very excited to get into it once I get my TBR pile down some.

 

8. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
I've been meaning to get to this one for so long! It seems amazing, so hopefully I can get to it sometime soon.

 

9. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
I really, really want to read this one. I don't know much about it, but I have heard so many great things.


10. Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
This one's pretty new, but I've already heard a lot about it. Definitely seems like my type of book!

6 comments:

  1. I can tell you Inbetween shades of gray is excellent but I found the darkest mind a big let down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) It's too bad you didn't like The Darkest Mind. I've heard lots of good things so I'll hopefully I'll have better luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything Leads to You is cute and smart, the Cinder series well woven together futuristic fairy tales, and the Anna series adorable and funny. Cuckoo's Calling is so very different from HP in tone, setting, characters... it's amazing the same person wrote them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone recommended The Darkest Mind to me the other day -now I'll have to check it out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely think it's worth it. So many people seem to have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you liked so many of these! I have heard that about Cuckoo's Calling, and I know they're very different stories, but I still can't read two books from the same author at once. I think I'm weird that way but I'm always mixing things up no matter how many differences.

    ReplyDelete