Monday, July 14, 2014

Book Review: Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater



My Rating: 5 stars

Date Read: July 5, 2014

Source: Purchased ebook

Publication Date: July 1, 2014

Publisher: Scholastic Press

Genres: Young adult, paranormal, romance

Summary (taken from Goodreads): Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Trilogy. Everybody thinks they know Cole's story. Stardom. Addiction. Downfall. Disappearance. But only a few people know Cole's darkest secret -- his ability to shift into a wolf. One of these people is Isabel. At one point, they may have even loved each other. But that feels like a lifetime ago. Now Cole is back. Back in the spotlight. Back in the danger zone. Back in Isabel's life. Can this sinner be saved?

Review: So many people have said that Cole and Isabel were their favorite characters in this series, but I never felt that way. While reading the trilogy it actually took awhile for them to grow on me, especially Isabel.

Of course, they did grow on me. I was very excited when I heard about Sinner, and it didn't disappoint. Cole and Isabel's story felt so incomplete before, and this gave them a much better ending.

I liked reading from their perspectives. The way people annoyed Isabel, like her cousin, when they had really done nothing wrong. Cole being so full of himself. Their emotions were alike at so many points, it was difficult to see them apart - stubbornly still not being together.

The writing style added to this as well. I haven't read the author's other work (although I plan to), but I've loved this whole series so much.

The only flaw is that it didn't feel completely wrapped up at the end (although it did come close, and I did enjoy the epilogue).

No comments:

Post a Comment