Monday, July 21, 2014

Readathon Wrap-Up

If you saw my TBR post, you know that I participated in two readathons this past week. One was a small one for a Goodreads group, and another was the booktube-a-thon.

Overall, I read half the books on my TBR (which only had four books) and a total of 5 books (3 of which were graphic novels) and 1,123 pages.

The books I read:
  • The Pirates Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
  • Saltwater Witch (Comic #1) by Chris Howard
  • Saltwater Witch Graphic Novel: Chapter 2 by Chris Howard
  • Nineteen, Twenty-One #1 by Yohan
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Booktube-a-thon Challenges Completed:
  • Read a book with pictures (graphic novels)
  • A book with red on the cover (The Pirate's Wish)
  • A book from the genre you've read least this year (graphic novels; I rarely read them.)
That's three out of seven, which I consider a success - especially since I wasn't really focused on the challenges while reading or even forming my TBR.

Goodreads Read-a-long Books:

Very few of these actually counted for my other readalong, since the graphic novels did not count. Still, I read two books and they were both ones I have waited to read for a bit now!

Overall Thoughts:

I did five days of reading for these, even though the booktube-a-thon lasted seven. (The other readalong ended earlier.) This weekend, I just wasn't in the mood to read and didn't want to push myself - after all, I don't need any kind of reading slump!

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of my reading, but I'm planning to slow down after this. I've been forcing myself to read more often since I began blogging, and I'm ready to slow down and take more time with the books I read. I'm still going to try to keep up the same review schedule - at least one a week - but I don't think that will be difficult.

If you guys participated in the booktube-a-thon, or another readathon, or just read this week, let me know what books you got around to! I hope you enjoyed your reading week as much as I did mine.

(Also, please note that graphic novels won't become a 'thing' for me and my blog. It was nice to try some out, and I plan to read them a bit more now, but I prefer words over pictures. Also, I am not comfortable at all writing long reviews for something I read so little of.)

No comments:

Post a Comment