Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Here is a link to the Top Ten Tuesday information from The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s theme is Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From. For the sake of not counting ebooks (which is my main form of reading), I'm going to make this list only using books on my read shelf. So according to Librarything, here are my top ten most-read authors:
  1. Meg Cabot. I have only read one of her series, however The Princess Diaries contains 14 books. 10 novels + 4 novellas/short stories, I believe.
  2. Lauren Oliver. Surprisingly, there is a huge drop in numbers here - 14 all the way down to 6! Again, I've only read the Delirium series - 3 novels and 3 novellas.
  3. Sarah Dessen. I was actually surprised to see that I've read 5 Sarah Dessen books. I grew tired of her writing (probably through reading too many of hers in a row) and never went around to her other books, although I've wanted to for some time.
  4. Gayle Forman. Also one of my favorite authors! I've read 5 of her books, one being the novella from the Just One Day duology. The only book I haven't read is her oldest.
  5. Nicholas Sparks. Although I haven't read him in years now, he did make the list with 4 books.
  6. Lois Lowry. Again, four books. I read the entire Giver series pretty recently!
  7. J.K. Rowling. I'm probably the only one who's only read 4 from her. Don't worry, I'm planning to continue the fifth book next month!
  8. Maggie Stiefvater. I've read the Shiver series, as well as the companion Sinner. (4 books.)
  9. Ann Brashares. Another author I stopped reading, but soon plan to return to! I've read the first 3 books in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series and really need to plan a reread and complete the series!
  10. Susanne Collins. I've read the Hunger Games series - 3 books!
There's the list! There were plenty of others tied with three books as well, but I listed just the ones that came first on Librarything. If you're curious, others with three books were Robert Frost, Richelle Mead, Liz Reinhardt, Rainbow Rowell, Shakespeare, and Jennifer E. Smith.

Let me know your top authors (or link to your post!) in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you've read The Princess Diaries. I've wanted to read them for what seems like forever, but I've never gotten around to it.

    We have a few authors in common. :) Panic by Lauren Oliver is really good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princess Diaries were really good! Very different from the movies, but Mia's voice was perfect. I really want to read her other series.

    I'm actually planning to read Panic in early August. I'm pretty excited!

    ReplyDelete