Sunday, July 13, 2014

Readathon(s?) TBR

This is a little late, but I am participating in two readathons starting tomorrow. I thought I'd just do a quick post with what I'm hoping to get read this week! The first readathon I planned to participate in was the booktubeathon - even though I am definitely a book blogger, with no plans to make videos, the challenges seemed like fun and I was originally going to post my TBR for this a week ago. This one is from July 14-21. The second is for a Goodreads group I am in, which is a few days shorter: July 14-19. This one doesn't have any challenges; the only requirement is to start and finish the books within the time frame. I am pretty likely to change this up a bit, but here are the books I plan to read:
  • The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke: This one covers one of the reading challenges - a book with red on the cover. I also really want to finish this after reading the first book.
  • Blood Promise by Richelle Mead: I really want to get back into this series. I've also been wanting to read bigger books lately, so this should give me a start at that.
  • The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta: This one has been sitting around awhile, and it also completes one of the challenges - read the genre you've read least this year. I don't read a lot of adult fiction.
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: With the release of Landline, I really want to catch up with these books. I plan to read this one during the week and Landline within the next month or so.
That's about all I'm going to plan. If I finish these, I'll probably read more of the Vampire Academy series or pick something else up. Hopefully that book will complete one of the challenges, since I only have 2/7 on here! Also, one of the challenges is to have someone choose a book for you - so if you guys want, feel free to comment below with a book or two and I'll choose one of those to add to my TBR if I have time!

4 comments:

  1. You really should read Butter by Erin Lange, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I downloaded a preview and read the first chapter, and really like it so far! Going to finish my current reads then buy and start it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to The Leftovers and loved it! It was so interesting. I want to see the show so bad but I don't have cable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that, because I've been putting off the book for quite awhile! Also, I had no idea there was a show!

    ReplyDelete